2021 Maserati Levante vs. 2021 Range Rover Velar
AWD with Limited Slip Differential
AWD with Intelligent Driveline Dynamics
Skyhook Performance, Adaptive Air Suspension
Regular Suspension with Coil Springs
The 2021 Maserati Levante is an awe-inspiring high-performance SUV, and any driver comparing the Maserati Levante vs. Range Rover Velar is bound to arrive at one inescapable conclusion. If you want an SUV that delivers genuine performance thrills day after day, there’s only one model in this match-up that will satisfy your needs.
But of course, this only just scratches the surface of what sets the Italian SUV apart! We’ve covered performance and interior features in detail below, so you can see exactly what to expect.
Maserati vs. Range Rover: Performance
- Base Power: The base-level Maserati Levante offers more power as standard than you can get in almost any Range Rover Velar. The latter offers just 247 hp as standard, or 335 hp with an engine upgrade.
- Engine Upgrades: While the Levante offers 369 hp as standard, it also offers three upgrades that can churn out 424 hp, 550 hp, and 580 hp, respectively. You can only get up to 395 hp in a Velar, and you’ll need to move all the way up the line to get it.
By the numbers, the Levante has an unassailable lead. But, how do these two measure up where handling and design are concerned?
- Capability: Any driver comparing Maserati vs. Range Rover knows that while the latter excels off-road, Maserati owns the pavement. Both offer standard all-wheel drive, so you can always drive with confidence.
- Performance Features: A limited-slip rear differential, and skyhook performance suspension, and adaptive damping allow the Levante to foster an unparalleled driving experience on Scottsdale and Paradise Valley roads.
- Dimensions: A wheelbase of 118.3 inches gives the Levante a more stable stance. The shorter Velar has a wheelbase of 113.1 inches.
If you’re searching for a more competitive high-performance SUV comparison, try pitting the Maserati Levante against the Range Rover Sport.
Maserati vs. Range Rover: Interior Craftsmanship & Features
Although the Range Rover Velar is a luxurious SUV in its own right, drivers who appreciate the finer things in life will have a very difficult time passing over the Maserati. Here’s what you should keep in mind:
- Levante Upholstery: The standard full extended leather upholstery in the Maserati Levante is hand-finished, and available in an extraordinary range of striking shades. Perforated leather with contrast stitching is optional on the base model, and upgrading can get you Zegna Silk & Leather, Zegna Pelletessuta, and so much more.
- Velar Upholstery: Perforated grained leather is standard on the Velar, but you won’t receive much (aside from suedecloth inserts) if you decide to upgrade. That’s a significant departure from what you’ll find on the Levante.
- Trim & Finishes: Drivers who choose the Velar will be able to select from a range of different veneers, including a carbon fiber finish. The Levante also offers carbon fiber, but also supplies a wider range of open-pore woods and optional silk headlining.
- Interior Features: The Levante comes standard with heated front seats, parking assistance technology, and much more. The Velar offers these technologies for those who decide to pay extra, but those who upgrade the Maserati will keep the Range Rover in their rearview.
Don’t forget: accessing the features you most desire is easy, especially when you take advantage of our exclusive Levante lease offers.
Schedule Your Test Drive at Scottsdale Maserati
Ultimately, we expect that any driver comparing the Range Rover Velar vs. Maserati Levante will want to step inside and explore each model’s interior for themselves! Once you’ve done so, we’re very confident that you’ll agree: the Levante exceeds its rival in innumerable ways. If you’re located near Phoenix or Chandler, find out how to shop online and let us bring your test drive to you.