What to Do After a Car Accident
While we hope all of our Phoenix drivers stay as safe as possible, it’s still important to know what to do after a car accident in the event that such an incident occurs. In the following guide, we’ll walk through what to do after a car accident so you can respond to the situation methodically and procedurally, reducing stress.
Read on below to learn how to react, how to file a car insurance claim, and how to restore the vehicle you love!
What to do Right After a Car Accident
If you get into a collision on Scottsdale roads or elsewhere, this step-by-step process will help you respond quickly and responsibly, while prioritizing the safety of those who were involved in the collision. Here’s what to do:
- Check on you and your passengers. Take a deep breath, gather yourself, and take inventory of your physical condition. Check on any passengers traveling with you. If you perceive any threat to anyone’s health, call for an ambulance immediately.
- Connect with the other involved party. Move your vehicle to a safe or close location nearby. You don’t want to block traffic, but you shouldn’t ever leave the scene. Check if it’s safe to exit your vehicle and connect with the other vehicle involved. Ensure their wellbeing and call for an ambulance if there’s any sign of injury.
- Call the police. It might not feel necessary at the time, but if you’re going to file an insurance claim, you will need to file a police report at the time of the collision.
- Exchange information. Exchange info with the other party. Driver’s licenses, car make/model/year, and insurance information should be your top priorities.
- Take photos. Take photos of the setting, your vehicle, and the other vehicle. Make sure to document any damage, including damage to your surroundings. This documentation is necessary to file a car accident insurance claim.
How to File a Car Accident Insurance Claim
Now, it’s time to call your insurance provider. Here’s how to file a car accident insurance claim:
- Call your provider
- Provide them a description of the accident and the documented damage
- Detail the date, time and location of the accident
- Give them the other party’s information and the police report number
- Wait for the insurance adjuster to send your estimate
Were you recently in a collision? Our Collision Center is prepared to restore your treasured Maserati to factory-grade condition. Don’t make the mistake of scheduling repairs with technicians who aren’t familiar with your make or model, and don’t let your insurance company dictate your next steps.
Get More Useful Driver Tips from Scottsdale Maserati
We’re glad to provide Paradise Valley and Chandler-area drivers with the tips and advice they need to get more enjoyment out of every drive. To learn more, be sure to browse our online archive of resources for Maserati owners and car-buying tips today.